Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm Leavin' In A Ford Explorer

A quick note before I leave for the airport to pick up Marie Tuhart, my critique partner and roommate for the coming week at the RWA convention.

I had a good time in Florida. Visited with my mom, my two brothers, one sister-in-law, fourteen-year-old niece, three-year-old nephew, and my college roommate.

My nephew (who is also my godson) was a hoot. His vocabulary is amazing for such a little guy. He walked next door to ask the kids over there to stop shooting off fireworks because "You're scaring my dog and making him bark." The kids just looked at him. S held out his little hands, palms up, and said, "If he doesn't stop making noise, my dad and I are just going to have to kill him."

My brother is the least violent person I know. None of my family can figure out where this kid came from.

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll remember that last July, I auditioned for the show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" in Fort Worth, Texas, but didn't pass their thirty-question test. You can read about that experience here.

On Friday, the WWTBAM crew was in Tampa, Florida for the first of their auditions for this season.

I packed up my mother, and the two of us were on line at 8:10 AM. We were numbers 601 and 602, making us the first two persons in the fourth group of 200 to be tested. The first thing I did was count the number of persons from the third group who had passed the tests. I say "tests" because, once again, the WWTBAM offered two thirty-question quizzes: one general knowledge and one on films for NetFlix week. It looked like twelve people had passed each test out of the group of two hundred.

The tests were not the same ones I had taken in Fort Worth. Once again, I thought I did better on the movie quiz than on the general knowledge, but I was one of about twelve that passed the general quiz. Another seven people passed the movie quiz and four passed BOTH tests. The guy sitting next to me said that you are only allowed to miss two questions on either test. I don't know if he's right or not.

I had my 45-second interview and will receive a card in three weeks telling me if I made the pool of contestants.

Anyway, it was a fun morning. I was glad I did it.

Need to run. I have a lot to do this morning.

No comments: